The easiest way to print your shipping labels from Fedex is to use a commercial platform such as XPSShip (free) or ShipStation (paid but great). They are approved Fedex partners and use your negotiated rates to provide you with a 4x6 shipping label which you can then easily print to Rollo. You will be able to also compare rates from other carriers and pick the best option.
We make this recommendation because Fedex Ship Manager is a bit cumbersome to setup. If you contact Fedex for support, they may inform you that they only provide support for printers supplied by them directly.
If you would like to use Fedex Ship Manager, please download and install the latest version from Fedex Website.
During the installation, you will be prompted to call Fedex to obtain your activation code. After verifying your account information, your activation code will be emailed to you.
Fedex Ship Manager software requires a few more steps than other platforms to work. Essentially, we will install Rollo as a ZPL printer.
1. Please download Zebra Printer Driver
2. After opening the downloaded file, please click on "Install Zebra Printer"
2. Select Zebra 2844 and click on "Next"
3. Before we can continue the installation, we need to find out which USB port Rollo is connected to. Please go to your Control Panel -> Printers and Devices -> Right click on Rollo > Printer Properties
4. Click on "Ports" tab and notice which USB Port is checked.
5. We will now go back to the installation window and pick the same port and click "Finish"
6. Please now go to Fedex Ship Manager, click on Utilities Menu > Printer Setup
7. Select Zebra 2844 under "Label Printer" and click on OK.
8. We now need to change the default label size to 4x6. Click on Customize > Shipping Profiles. The View Shipping Profiles screen displays.
9. Select the appropriate domestic or international shipping profile and click View/Edit. You may want to update all of them to be the correct size.
10. If you are using Fedex Provided Labels, their sizes and part numbers are as follows.
- 153078-077 - Indicates a Format 77 label. (4" x 5" Thermal Label with FedEx Logo)
- 154254-354 - Indicates a Format 354 label. (4" x 6 3/4" Thermal Label with Doc Tab)
- 156295-434 - Indicates a Format 354 label. (4" x 6" Thermal Label without Doc Tab)
- 156297-435 - Indicates a Format 435 label. (4" x 6 " Thermal Label without Doc Tab)
a. To change the label format for FedEx Express domestic shipments, click the 2 - FedEx Express Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
b. To change the label format for FedEx Express international shipments, click the 2 - FedEx Express Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
c. To change the label format for FedEx Ground domestic shipments, click the 5 - FedEx Ground Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
d. To change the label format for FedEx Ground international shipments, click the 4 - FedEx Ground Prefs tab. In the Label Format section, select the appropriate label format for the label part number and click OK.
14. After making your changes, click OK on the View Shipping Profiles screen.
15. Reboot (exit and relaunch) the software and attempt to ship a package.
Source for Steps 8-15 is: http://www.fedex.com/us/software/printerfaqs1.html
Note: After following this guide, if you receive a partial label print from Ship Manager, please contact Rollo Support and we will upgrade your printer firmware to the latest version.